Opened March 17, 2017 – Office Position Available: Reputable small business in Salem, Oregon is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as office administrative assistant.
Principal activities include:
- Communicating by phone, email, and in person with colleagues and clients
- Attending meetings, taking and preparing minutes
- Ability to learn and operate Wild Apricot websites (data management software)
- Preparing and editing documents
- Regular office tasks (answering multi-line phone, copying, errands, postage machine, processing mail, filing, organizing office environment).
Professional appearance. English proficiency in writing, reading and speaking, valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for monthly trips to Portland. Ability to climb stairs, lift and carry 15 lbs. Qualified individuals should have routine knowledge and experience in the areas below. Work samples may be required. Computer proficiency may be tested. Bachelor or associate degree preferred, but can be waived with previous administrative experience and competency in essential skills.
- Communication and “people” skills
- Ability to learn Wild Apricot and member management websites, as well as email service websites (MailChimp)
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong typing and computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Docs and Sheets)
- Organizational skills.
Compensation is hourly, with pay rate depending on skills and experience. FT, but will consider applicants who wish ¾ time. Retirement and paid time off. Occasional evening or weekend meetings and monthly meetings in Portland.
- Send resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com. (IN EMAIL BODY NO ATTACHMENTS)
- Candidates will then be invited to apply in person. Bring information on past employment.
- Applications will be accepted immediately and taken until the job is filled.
- Applicants will be screened and approved applicants will be called for interview.
- Final applicants may be tested for skill proficiency.
Compensation dependent on experience. Retirement benefits and PTO are available for FT employees after introductory period.
Resumes are always accepted and will be kept on file in the case of future openings.