FirstGov serves a single point of entry for 25,000 government web sites.
GOVSPOT provides everything from political humor to the world cost of living to how to apply for a passport.
For Federal Budget information see Federal Budget.
For Executive Orders, presidential directives, press statements contact THE WHITE HOUSE .
For the Congressional Record, text of legislation and floor and committee votes check in on THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS.
A Directory of Federal Government Agencies is available and perhaps is the most comprehensive listing of government sites available on the net. It includes over 280 federal agencies and various judicial references and “independent agencies”.
Schedule of the House of Representatives including todays meetings, text of amendments, recent floor action, addresses including e-mail addresses and related information is available from the U.S. House of Representatives Web Site.
The same information is available for the U.S Senate
Look here to find the names and addresses for the 7,000 most influential folks inside the beltway. This source also provides a list of trade associations and interest groups. Interested in the text of the Magna Carta, Washington’s Farewell Address, Articles of Confederation, 1777, or the First Thanksgiving Proclamation, 1676, or anyone of several dozen other historic documents then check in on Historic Documents.
- The homepage for the Oregon Legislature is a useful link for a variety of information about the legislature. You will find a number of useful links and information both about the process and the daily schedule.
- This goes directly to copies of Oregon legislative proposals, but this will give you the Oregon Revised Statutes.
- If you need them the Oregon Administrative Rules are also available.
- And the mother of all information sources on Oregon, is the Oregon Blue Book.
- If you are interested in Legislative Revenue Reports they are available. So is a document on “How an idea becomes law”?
- By the way, if you are interested in archived information this is place to start.